How Coraggio's strategic guidance, helped this marketing organisation take a holistic business approach
Fortissimo Marketing is a growth marketing agency, specialising in providing complete, Done-For-You marketing services to companies within the industrial sector, to assist them to make selling easy. We embrace all media – so while the majority of the world embraces digital marketing, we also recognise a very real opportunity to implement traditional marketing strategies.
From online lead generation to social media and email marketing, to business cards, brochures and industry expo preparations – Fortissimo Marketing does it all!
Reasons for choosing Coraggio
In a word – accountability.
I have been working in my business full-time for 2.5 years, and struggling because I didn’t have the right foundations in place – some of which I didn’t even know I needed at the time!
What attracted me to the Coraggio program was the fact that I knew I needed accountability. Being in business by yourself can be lonely, and nobody holds you accountable if you don’t implement what you were intending.
I felt joining an Advisory Board of directors would be a great opportunity to connect with like-minded people and I would be able to leverage their monthly meetings as a tool to hold myself accountable and make sure I got things done.
How we use Coraggio
The Coraggio program has proven to be amazing in several ways. I love the community aspect and the support I get from being involved. The other business owners on my Advisory Board are all wonderful individuals and I learn a lot just by being in the same room with them.
As the saying goes, “if you’re the smartest person in the room, then you’re in the wrong room!”, and this is absolutely true for me. As reasonably “new” in business, I learn so much from everybody else’s business experiences, it really is incredibly valuable.
I also find having a network of people really helps developing new business ideas. We have a WhatsApp group in which we share questions, wins, concerns etc., and we comment and support each other whenever we can, and celebrate each other’s successes and wins, too.
As with anything, we obviously need to do the actual work ourselves and are responsible for our own actionable takeaways following every Advisory Board meeting. I personally make a point of raising issues I had in the last month and informing my board Members of what I completed in between meetings. It’s mainly to ensure I’m doing what I need to do, to facilitate time working ON my business, not just IN in, and it has proven to work well.
Our Chair, David Borg, is also a great support. Beyond the monthly meetings and midway check-points we hold on Zoom, David always checks in with us individually, and it’s clear he genuinely cares about our businesses succeeding.
5 reasons why I value Coraggio:
- I’m part of a community that gets me and understands the challenges I face in my business, which makes me feel that I’m not alone.
- I learn so many new things I don’t even know that I don’t know or need to know, and get ideas even just by listening to what others are dealing with. Some I need to put on the back burner for later, other ideas I am able to implement immediately to make improvements
- My Advisory Board is amazing and I feel safe discussing any issues I have in my business, without being judged or looked down on
- I’m now regularly spending time working on the business’ internal systems and processes, which I like to describe as “growing my business from the inside, out”.
Sydney servicing all of Australia and New Zealand
Key outcomes as a result of being with Coraggio
- 83% growth on last FY, which I can directly attribute to my time with Coraggio
- Identification of shortcomings in foundational business aspects, eg. accounting software, processes, to build a better business
- I’ve learnt how to handle difficult clients and situations in a more effective way
- I now have a network of fellow business owners that I feel I can ask for advice/help at any time, and that celebrates each other’s wins
- I’ve even picked up a couple of new clients from within the Coraggio network.
Managing Director | Fortissimo Marketing